Canadian Foundation Year
Global International College has been in the fore front of sending students to Canada in the last few years. As part of our drive to keep our potential parents, educators and students informed, we shall be holding information seminars titled DESTINATION CANADA all through June –August between 12 noon and 4pm where we will share with you all you need to know about preparing for Canada.
The GIC Canadian University Preparation Programme offers our students excellent advantages in gaining entry into top Canadian Universities
Advantages of the Foundation Programme
- In partnership with the Canadian E-School Ontario, Our students study University Preparation courses in the Ontario Secondary School Curriculum so that they are adequately prepared for Canadian Universities.
- They study exactly the same curriculum as their Canadian counterparts so they are able to present the same OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma) for direct entry into top Canadian Universities.
- Faster that A level: instead of doing a two year programme for A level, the foundation programme is completed in about ten months.
- Lower tuition fees: tuition fees paid for the programme is much lower than the fees paid in Canadian high school for the same programme.
- Easy Access to University: our foundation students complete their programme by July/August and are eligible to enter top Canadian Universities in September of that year
- Special privileges from our university partners: Conditional letters of acceptance, Award scholarship, waiver of TOEFL, access to over 5,000 degree courses from Engineering to Business Studies in some of the best universities in the world.
- Students can work while studying.
- Students can apply for post-graduation work permit as they have a choice of remaining in Canada to work for 1-3 years after graduation.
- Students who have graduated can apply for permanent residence after gaining one year of work experience in the relevant skill in Canada.
- Visa processing: We have 100% success in visa application processed by our Canadian Immigration Expert
- 5 WAEC results at A1 – C6 which should include English and Maths.
- Students who have only IGCSE results will have to take additional subjects in the Canadian foundation programme in order to be accepted into a University.
- Vectors & Calculus 12
- Physics 12
- Chemistry 12
- Business Management
- Writers Craft
- Biology 12
- Changes & Challenges in Society
- Accounting 12
- English Language
- Economics 12