UK Foundation Programme
The International UK Degree Foundation programme is a one academic year full time course that offers students an alternative route to British University degree courses. DFP at Global International College has 100% success rate in securing its successful students a place at a British University.
Who applies for UK Degree Foundation Courses?
There are only two pathways to gain admission into a UK University. The student has to either take A-levels or a UK Foundation Programme.
- The majority of students on the UK Foundation Programme course are recent graduates from Nigerian secondary Schools. They usually have excellent IGCSE or WAEC results but still have not met the requirement to gain admission to a UK University
- Students who have also taken AS but did not do as well as they anticipated also have an opportunity to enroll into our foundation programme.
Key facts of the DFP
- DFP has two start dates per year, September (to June) and January (to June)
- Over the past 16years we’ve had a 100% success rate in finding a university to place students
- All students applying to British Universities must go through UCAS application system. Our guidance counsellor helps each student individually to complete his/her UCAS application form
5 IGCSEs at A*-C or 5 WAEC results at A1 – C6 which should include English and Maths.
If you have not achieved a WAEC or IGCSE Grade C or above in English and/or Maths or any other core subject, you will be required to re-sit these exams during your Foundation year.
Our UK Foundation Programme offers various subjects. Below is a list of programmes available at our foundation programme
- Communication Skills
- Computer Skills
- Ancillary Mathematics
- Business Studies
- Further Mathematics
- Geometrical & Technical Drawing