It is no doubt that we live in a highly digitalized world where the future of technological advancements and innovations are in the hands of young minds. These are individuals born in a highly digitalized world. They have enjoyed it and they also have ideas of the technological development needed in the world to make it a better place to live in. The world is fast changing into one big global village and so are the skills required to compete and succeed in the emerging technology driven world.
At Global, we are positioned to equipping students with skills and resources to compete as global citizens. In this light, as part of our CSR Initiatives, we are embarking on an annual STEM and Robotics competition starting this January.
ANNUAL ROBOFEST STEM AND ROBOTICS COMPETITION
The competition is free and is at no cost to participants. This program is designed to encourage young people to pursue careers in science and technology. Our vision for Robofest is to have students compete in teams with other teams from other schools beyond Lagos; at national and optimally, world level. The competition is scheduled to be in three phases. The first two phases are qualifying rounds for two different sets of participants with the third and last phase being the grand finale/exhibition.
QUALIFYING ROUNDS 18TH JANUARY AND 29TH FEBRUARY
INTRODUCTION & STRUCTURE ASSEMBLY:
• Students will be introduced to robotics; the various components including the sensors, and microcontrollers.
• They will be teamed up to build and assemble the robot car chassis for the obstacle avoiding robot.
PROGRAMMING THE OBSTACLE AVOIDING ROBOT.
• Students will be introduced to the various programming concepts needed to program
their robots; like loops, and conditional statements.
• They get to develop an algorithm, and program their robots.
Grand Finale March 14th
• They will perfect their programs in preparation for the exhibition/competition where parents and teachers get to see what the students have been working on.